Northern Restaurant and Bar 2006 Launch Press Release, 19th February 2006
Still the only exhibition for the booming Northern hospitality industry
- Northern Restaurant and Bar is the only exhibition dedicated to the vibrant Northern restaurant, bar, pub and hotel industries.
- Following an 81.2% increase in rebooking this years show will be 40% bigger with over 300 exhibitors and 8,000 visitors expected.
- The exhibition showcases the best operators and individuals from the region, as well as leading international names and global brands.
- The prestigious Northern Hospitality awards will be launched alongside the exhibition this year.
Northern Restaurant and Bar, the only exhibition for the massive Northern restaurant, bar, pub and hotel industry will take place on Mon 27 th and Tues 28 th of March 2006 at Manchesters G-Mex. Last years event was the first under new ownership, and following its staggering success this years event will be 40% bigger with a host of new features and exhibitors, not to mention the launch of the first ever Northern Hospitality Awards. Read More...
Northern Hospitality Awards 06 Press Release, 7th February 2006
The first ever awards for the vibrant Northern hospitality industry
- The Northern Hospitality Awards are unique in that they are dedicated to the booming Northern restaurant, bar, pub and hotel industries.
- This North has 42% of UK licensed premises over 57,000 businesses - but the best of these often fail to get recognized nationally.
- The awards are intended to act as a showcase for the best of the region, recognizing and rewarding existing excellence and inspiring the rest.
- The invitation only awards dinner will take place in Manchesterat the 5* Lowry Hotel on Mon 27th March 2006.
The North of England has historically been at the forefront of the British hospitality industry, producing some of the finest produce, from Bury Black Puddings to Goosnargh duck, some of the greatest chefs, from Marco Pierre White to Marcus Wareing and some of the most successful operators such as Inventive Leisure and De Vere Hotels. Read More...
The Northern Hospitality Awards 2006 Shortlist
Best Restaurant Sponsored by La Brea Bakery
- Anthonys - Leeds, West Yorkshire
- L'Enclume - Cartmel, Cumbria
- Northcote Manor - Langho, Blackburn, Lancashire
- The Star at Harome - Harome, North Yorkshire
- The Yorke Arms - Ramsgill, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Best Bar Sponsored by Rentokil Pest Control
- Baby Cream - Liverpool, Merseyside
- Jakes Bar - Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Mojo - Leeds, West Yorkshire
- Socio Rehab - Manchester, Lancashire
- The Tea Factory - Liverpool, Merseyside